Holy Trinity Parish is called by God and empowered by the Holy Spirit to proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord, to encourage new disciples, to nurture those within the fellowship, and to demonstrate God’s love and mercy to all. We’re living the gospel in downtown Gainesville.
August 19th, 2015
Please feel free, during the summer months, to dress cool and casual.
THIS WEEK’S LECTIONARY
If you have a chance before Sunday, you may want to take some time to read and reflect on this coming Sunday’s readings. This week’s First Lesson will be 1 Kings 8:(1, 6, 10-11), 22-30, 41-43, the Second Lesson will be Ephesians 6:10-20, and the Gospel will be John 6:56-69. Join the Rev. George Holston for the Lectionary Discussion Class each Sunday at 9:15am in Conference Room 124.
The Lord Be With You!
- Stockholders Dinner, August 21, 6pm (Parish Hall)
- HT Youth at the Springs, August 22, 9:30am (Fanning Springs)
- ECW Summer Meeting, August 22, 9am (Camp Weed)
- Rally Day: Bring a Friend to Church Sunday, August 23, 12pm (Parish Hall)
- Confirmation/Inquirers’ Class Begins Sunday, August 23, 9:15am (Stringfellow Chapel)
- Back-to-School Blessing, August 23, 10:30am (Church)
- Celtic Service, August 23, 6pm (Church)
- Gala Cubana, August 29, 5pm (Youth Pavilion, Camp Weed)
- Children & Youth Christian Faith Formation Classes resume, August 30, 9:15am
- Family Promise Week (formerly IHN), August 30 – September 6
- A Weekend with C.S. Lewis, Friday, September 18 – Sunday, September 20 (Camp Weed)
- Lunches for Grace Marketplace (John 21:17 Ministry), Every Wednesday, 5:45pm (Kitchen)
Details listed below
July 26th, 2015
HT MINISTRY: 21:17 – Bag lunches for Grace Marketplace
… he [Jesus] said to him [Peter] the third time, “Do you love me?” And he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.” ~ John 21:17
We continue to make bag lunches for the guests of the new GRACE Marketplace. We now make 100 sandwiches each week! Join us Wednesdays at 5:45pm pm in the Parish Hall. For more information, contact Harvey Ward, Hlward@holytrinityepiscopalfoundation.org.
Donations welcome to defray food costs. To donate food, please sign up at the following link:
June 2nd, 2015
For the music list for Summer 2015, click below